The AVM marketing and airtime competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promoter of this competition is MiBlackBox Africa (Pty) Limited Registration Number 2019/528892/07, a private company incorporated and registered in accordance with the laws in force in the Republic of South Africa having its registered address at Suite 7, Block B, Carlswald Close, Corner 7th and New Roads, Midrand, Gauteng, 1682.
- All persons entering the AVM Marketing Airtime Competition (“the promotional competition”) agree to the competition rules as set out in the terms and conditions below which are binding on them. The entrant is to read these terms and conditions carefully as they are important.
- Nothing contained in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, lawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
- The entrant acknowledges that by submitting his/her entry for the promotional competition, he/she has read these terms and conditions and he/she warrants that he/she understands and agrees to these terms and conditions which are binding on the entrant.
- All entrants to this promotional competition do so entirely at their own risk.
- The entrant hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter and all its associated and/or affiliated entities which includes holding companies, subsidiaries or any other entity which may have shareholding in the Promoter, its directors, officers, members employees, agents and/or representatives of any and/or all liability pertaining to any damage, costs, injury, losses of whatsoever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the promotional competition and related events and activities save where such damage, costs, injury and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any indemnified party referred to above.
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- The promotional competition opens on 1 March 2020 and closes on 28 February 2021 (“the competition closure date”).
- The monthly prizes consist of various airtime top-up vouchers up to the value of R1 000 (One Thousand Rand)
- In order to qualify as an entrant and a winner of the prize/s in this promotional competition, the entrant must be an active paid up subscriber of the MiBlackBox Service either through dialling one of the USSD strings as published or advertised or by responding to the AVM campaign as run from time to time.
- The Promoter, or any of its associated or affiliated entities, holding companies, subsidiaries, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the abovenamed parties and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in the promotional competition.
- The monthly prize/s consisting of airtime are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
SELECTION OF WINNER/S
- The winners will be awarded their prize instantly and their number will be loaded with the airtime. The winner will receive an SMS to confirm the top up.
- The closure date and the winner selection dates referred to in clause 2.1 above are subject to change at the discretion of the Promoter without notice.
- The entrants to whom the prize/s will be awarded to will be selected through a random draw. The prize/s comprising of airtime will be automatically topped up on the winner’s airtime account.
- The winners of the monthly prize/s will be notified by text message.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions as well as terminate the competition at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of termination, all participants/entrants agree to waive any rights which they may have in terms of the promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its holding companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, nominated agents, directors, members, employees or any other person associated therewith for that matter.
- By entering the promotional competition in accordance with these terms and conditions, you are entering a promotional competition for the purposes of the CPA and the promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you win a prize in this competition, you undertake to expeditiously do all things to enable the Promoter to comply with its obligations under the CPA and other applicable legislation including but not limited to, providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate the delivery of the prize.
- The Promoter shall conduct the promotional competition in the manner, it, in its sole discretion deems fit and the Promoter’s decision on any matter relating to the promotional competition including the selection of the prize winners, is final and no correspondence will be entered into nor entertained by the Promoter.
- Prize winners agree and hereby grant MiBlackBox the right to use his or her name and photographs in any advertising and promotional material, without compensation.
- A copy of these rules can be found on the Promoter’s website www.miblackbox.africa. Any queries in this regard can be addressed to the Promoter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of the Financial Manager throughout the duration of the competition.