Ten thousand Rand monthly cash competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promoter of this competition is Miblackbox Africa (Pty) Limited Registration Number 2019/528892/07 (Miblackbox Africa”), a private company incorporated and registered in accordance with the laws in force in the Republic of South Africa having its registered address at Suite 7, Block B, Carlswald Close, Corner 7th and New Roads, Midrand, Gauteng, 1682.
- All persons entering the Ten Thousand Rand Monthly Cash Competition (“the promotional competition”) agree to the competition rules as set out in the terms and conditions below which are binding on them. The entrant is to read these terms and conditions carefully as they are important.
- Nothing contained in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, lawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
- By registering for the Miblackbox service (either USSD or App services), you are automatically entered into this promotional competition. You will, however, only qualify as an entrant for the 12 (twelve) monthly draws and the winner of the prize if you comply with all of the criteria referred to in clause 2.3.1 to 2.3.3 (both inclusive) below.
- The entrant acknowledges that by entering for the promotional competition, he/she has read the terms and conditions and he/she warrants, understands and agrees to these terms and conditions which are binding on the entrant.
- If the entrant does not want to participate in this promotional competition and/or does not agree with any of the terms and conditions referred to herein, the entrant is to withdraw his/her entry for this promotional competition in writing to the email address provided in paragraph 3.11 below.
- All entrants to this promotional competition do so entirely at their own risk.
- The entrant hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter and all its associated and/or affiliated entities which includes holding companies, subsidiaries or any other entity which may have shareholding in the Promoter, its directors, officers, members employees, agents and/or representatives of any and/or all liability to the full extent permitted by law pertaining to any damage, costs, injury, losses of whatsoever nature sustained as a result of his/her participation in the promotional competition, related events and activities or from using the prize.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all information provided by you or on your behalf of you to Miblackbox Africa is accurate, complete and up-to-date at all times. Miblackbox Africa will notify a winner of the prize by contacting the winner using the contact details provided by you or on your behalf. Where Miblackbox Africa cannot reach a winner using the details supplied by them or on their behalf and/or the winner does not respond to any correspondence or telephone call within 1 (one) week from the date which the correspondence was sent or the telephone call made, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner in its sole and absolute discretion. A replacement winner will then be selected in the manner as contemplated in clause 3.6 below.
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- The promotional competition opens on 1 December 2020 and closes on 30 November 2021 (“the competition closure date”).
- The prize consists of:
- twelve (12) monthly cash prizes of R10 000.00 each (“monthly cash prize”);
- twelve (12) winners in total.
- As a registered user for the Miblackbox service, you automatically qualify as an entrant into the automated random draw. There is no process / entry form to complete on your part. The mere fact that you are a subscriber for the service (and subject to the terms and conditions contained herein), you qualify for a single entry into the competition. Although you are entered automatically into this promotional competition, in order to qualify as both an entrant and winner of the prize for this promotional competition, you must:
- must be a private individual (not a juristic entity);
- must be a registered user for the MiblackBox service (either the USSD Service or App Service) and your account must not be in arrears and must be in good standing at the time of entry to the promotional competition.
- must be in possession of a valid south African ID or passport or residence permit.
- The Promoter, or any of its associated or affiliated entities, holding companies, subsidiaries, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the abovenamed parties and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in the promotional competition and to the extent that any person may nevertheless do so, he/she shall not be eligible to be awarded the prize (to the extent that the prize has been awarded already, shall be disqualified and shall be obliged to immediately return the prize to the Promoter.
SELECTION OF WINNER/S
- The winner of the monthly cash prize for any given month will be selected on or before the fourth (4th) business day of the following month. The first draw in relation to December 2020 will take place on or before 7 January 2021 and thereafter within four (4) business days of the end of every consecutive month for a period of eleven (11) months (“the winner selection dates”). The final draw will take place on or before 4 December 2021.
- The competition closure date and the winner selection dates referred to in clauses 2.1 and 3.1 above are subject to change at the discretion of the Promoter without notice.
- The entrants to whom the cash prize will be awarded will be selected by way of an automated random draw.
- In order to claim the monthly cash prize of the cash draw, the winner at the time of the draw must be a registered user of the Miblackbox service per clause 2.3.1 to 2.3.3 (both inclusive) at the time of the winner selection dates.
- The winner of the monthly cash prizes will be contacted on the details we have on record and this may be via email, in-app push message, text message and/or telephonically within a maximum period of two (2) weeks of the winner selection dates (this date is subject to change by the Promoter without notice). Once the winners details and bank account details have been confirmed between the winner and the Promoter, then the Promoter shall make the payment of the prize within seven (7) working days into the winners account.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner if he/she does not respond to the correspondence referred to in clause 3.5 above or telephone call within 1 (one) week from the date which correspondence or telephone call was sent or made (as the case may be) by the Promoter to the winner. In such circumstances, the replacement winner shall be selected from the remaining entrants who qualified for the draw and shall be contacted via email, in-app push message, text message and/or telephonically by the Promoter as soon as reasonably practical and shall be required to respond to the Promoter in the manner set out in such correspondence. In the event that the replacement winner fails to respond to the Promoter as set out in such correspondence, the provisions of this clause shall apply to the new winner in the same way as if her/she were the original winner and/or the replacement winner.
- The Promoter, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to, without notice and at any time, amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to draw), or any aspect thereof for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary. In the event of termination, all participants, including the entrant, agree to waive any rights which he/she may have in terms of the promotional competition and acknowledge that he/she will have no recourse or claims against the Promoter, its holding companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, nominated agents, directors, members, employees or any other person associated therewith for that matter of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising, whether past, present or future.
- By entering the promotional competition in accordance with these terms and conditions, the entrant acknowledges and understands that he/she is entering a promotional competition for the purposes of the CPA and the promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should the entrant win a prize in this competition, he/she undertakes to expeditiously do all things to enable the Promoter to comply with its obligations under the CPA and other applicable legislation including but not limited to, providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate the delivery of the prize (including providing proof of address and Identity Number) and signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
- The names of the monthly prize winners may be published on the Promoter’s website, social media platforms and/or other media platforms subject to the winner’s consent, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld. The Promoter shall conduct the promotional competition in the manner, it in its sole discretion deems fit, and the Promoter’s decision on any matter relating to the promotional competition including the selection of the prize winner/s is final and no correspondence will be entered into nor entertained by the Promoter.
- The promotional competition and the automated random draws will be overseen by the Promoter’s independent auditors, namely Kaplan and Kaplan / Two K Administration CC.
- A copy of these rules can be found on the Promoter’s website www.myblackbox.africa. Any queries in this regard can be addressed to the Promoter by email to email@example.com marked for the attention of the Financial Manager throughout the duration of the competition.