Ten thousand Rand monthly cash competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promoter of this competition is MiBlackBox Africa (Pty) Limited Registration Number 2019/528892/07, a private company incorporated and registered in accordance with the laws in force in the Republic of South Africa having its registered address at Suite 7, Block B, Carlswald Close, Corner 7th and New Roads, Midrand, Gauteng, 1682.
- All persons entering the Ten Thousand Rand Monthly Cash Competition (“the promotional competition”) agree to the competition rules as set out in the terms and conditions below which are binding on them. The entrant is to read these terms and conditions carefully as they are important.
- Nothing contained in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, lawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
- The entrant acknowledges that by submitting his/her entry for the promotional competition, he/she has read these terms and conditions and he/she warrants that he/she understands and agrees to these terms and conditions which are binding on the entrant.
- All entrants to this promotional competition do so entirely at their own risk.
- The entrant hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter and all its associated and/or affiliated entities which includes holding companies, subsidiaries or any other entity which may have shareholding in the Promoter, its directors, officers, members employees, agents and/or representatives of any and/or all liability pertaining to any damage, costs, injury, losses of whatsoever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the promotional competition and related events and activities save where such damage, costs, injury and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any indemnified party referred to above.
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- The promotional competition opens on 13 December 2019 and closes on 1 December 2020 (“the competition closure date”).
- The prize consists of:
- eleven (11) monthly cash prizes of R10 000.00 each (“monthly cash prize”);
- eleven (11) winners in total.
- In order to qualify as an entrant for this promotional competition, the entrant must:
- must be a private individual (not a juristic entity);
- must be a registered User for the MiBlackBox Service (either the USSD Service or App Service) at the time of the entry to the promotional competition.
- The Promoter, or any of its associated or affiliated entities, holding companies, subsidiaries, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the abovenamed parties and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in the promotional competition.
SELECTION OF WINNER/S
- The winner of the monthly cash prize will be selected on or before the last day of every month, the first draw will take place on or before 31 January 2020 and thereafter on the last day of every month for a consecutive ten (10) month period (“the winner selection dates”).
- The closure date and the winner selection dates referred to in clause 3.1 above are subject to change at the discretion of the Promoter without notice.
- The entrants to whom the cash prize will be awarded will be selected through a random draw.
- In order to claim the monthly cash prize of the cash draw, the winner at the time of the draw must be a registered User for the MiBlackBox Service at the time of the winner selection date.
- The winner of the monthly cash prizes will be contacted via email, in-app push message, text message and/or telephonically within a maximum period of two (2) weeks of the winner selection date (this date is subject to change by the Promoter without notice).
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner if he/she does not respond to the correspondence referred to in clause 3.5 above or telephone call within 1 (one) week from the date which correspondence was sent by the Promoter to the winner and/or attempted telephonic contact was made by the Promoter. The Promoter shall then randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries. In such circumstances, the replacement winner shall be contacted via email, in-app push message, text message and/or telephonically by the Promoter as soon as reasonably practical and shall be required to respond to the Promoter in the manner set out in such correspondence. In the event that the replacement winner fails to respond to the Promoter as set out in such correspondence, the provisions of this clause shall apply to the new winner in the same way as if her/she were the original winner and/or the replacement winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions as well as terminate the competition at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of termination, all participants agree to waive any rights which they may have in terms of the promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its holding companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, nominated agents, directors, members, employees or any other person associated therewith for that matter.
- By entering the promotional competition in accordance with these terms and conditions, you are entering a promotional competition for the purposes of the CPA and the promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you win a prize in this competition, you undertake to expeditiously do all things to enable the Promoter to comply with its obligations under the CPA and other applicable legislation including but not limited to, providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate the delivery of the prize (including providing proof of address and Identity Number) and signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
- The names of the prize winner will be published on the Promoter’s website, social media platforms and/or other media platforms subject to the winner’s consent, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld. The Promoter shall conduct the promotional competition in the manner, it in its sole discretion deems fit, and the Promoter’s decision on any matter relating to the promotional competition including the selection of the prize winner/s is final and no correspondence will be entered into nor entertained by the Promoter.
- A copy of these rules can be found on the Promoter’s website www.myblackbox.africa. Any queries in this regard can be addressed to the Promoter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of the Financial Manager throughout the duration of the competition.