The following are the specific types of information we receive from you, the User:
We receive information you provide us when you register for and use the SecondSpace Service, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Registration Information. When you register to use the SecondSpace Service, we may receive various kinds of Personal Information about you including your name, phone number, sms addresses, email addresses and contact details of your friends, family members and/or guardians whom you appoint as your emergency contact/s (“Emergency Contacts”).
- Information we receive when you interact with SecondSpace. We receive Personal Information of the actions taken while using or interacting with the SecondSpace Service, such as adding Emergency Contacts or information related to emergencies which may include incidents and communications that occur during and after such events. When you use the SecondSpace Service, we may automatically receive information from your browser or mobile platform including your browser type, location, IP address, as well as the pages you visit. We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make in connection with or related to the SecondSpace Service. We may also record and retain your location history for up to 48 hours or possibly longer, from time to time.
- Payment Information. Whether you choose to make payment through your account with either the Apple or Google App stores, or via Mobile Network or 3rd party billing partners, or in any other manner available to you for the use of the SecondSpace Service, our certified payment collections agent receives your payment information and/or billing address. SecondSpace does NOT receive, store or process this information.
- Submissions and Customer Service. From time to time we may request personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information in the course of your use of the SecondSpace Service. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. That information may include your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We may also receive information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity and files and pages accessed or used by you.
In general, we use your Personal Information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of the SecondSpace Service, and to otherwise provide the SecondSpace Service. For example, we may use your Personal Information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve our publications, products and the SecondSpace Service;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, offers from SecondSpace, or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you notifications from time to time for the duration of your use of the SecondSpace Service; to contact you; to respond to your emails, comments, requests or complaints; to anticipate and resolve problems in connection with the SecondSpace Service and/or any other services we, or our partners, may offer from time to time; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and/or services from SecondSpace that better meet your needs; and
- for any other purposes about which we may notify you from time to time.
Inviting family, friends and guardians to join: When you ask us to invite a friend, family member, or other guardian to join the SecondSpace Service, we may send such person a message on your behalf using your name and contact details. The invitation may also contain information about other users such person might know. We may also send reminders or notifications to them in your name. Only invite people you know with their permission to do so. To the extent that we may legally disclose either your Personal Information, or that of your Emergency Contacts, in the course of actioning your request to invite family, friends and/or guardians to join the SecondSpace Service, you hereby expressly consent to us doing so, and accordingly indemnify us against any damages, losses, fines and the like that we may incur as a result of such disclosure and/or processing.
We may, from time to time, start a business relationship with other businesses who we think are trustworthy and who have confirmed in writing that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may hire Service Providers to provide services like hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information they need to perform these services for us. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the type of information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information except as permitted by us.
SecondSpace shall take all reasonable steps necessary to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. Our servers are hosted with Amazon Web Services in Ireland. Whilst we take all reasonable steps to safeguard your Personal Information we knowingly receive directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively received Personal Information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems or the systems of third party storage providers and/or our Service Providers through the SecondSpace Service are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information. As a precautionary measure, we encourage you to download any information stored on your behalf and to save such information to a secure environment. We also recommend that you carry out regular backups of all of your Personal Information as we cannot be held liable for any loss thereof.
Your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password/pin. To protect the confidentiality of Personal Information, you must keep your password/pin confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password/pin has been misused, compromised in any manner or used without your consent. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password/pin in an unsolicited phone call or email.
SecondSpace may send you communications or data regarding the SecondSpace Service, including but not limited to (i) notices (in the form of app pushes, sms and/or email) regarding the use of the SecondSpace Service, including any notices concerning breaches of our terms and conditions, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services, or those of our business partners. You may at any time opt-out of or stop receiving promotional emails from SecondSpace by following the op-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also op-tout of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing info@SecondSpace.co.za with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.
You can access, update, rectify and delete the information you have provided us in your profile by updating your information within the app, sending us an email at info@SecondSpace.co.za.
In accordance with applicable law, you may:
- request access to any other Personal Information we hold about you and request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked, and;
- request that we refrain from further use of any Personal Information we hold about you; and
In summary, SecondSpace wants to ensure that you are fully aware of your Personal Information protection rights, namely:
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request SecondSpace to erase your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to access – you have the right to request copies of your Personal Information.
- The right to rectification – you can request us to correct any information you believe is inaccurate and/or to complete information which you believe is incomplete.
- The right to restrict processing – you can request us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you can request us to transfer the information we have collected to another organisation or directly to you under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you can object to us processing your Personal Information under certain conditions.
- Definitions and Interpretations:
- Referral to the SecondSpace website and all other related social media or means of communication’ refers to the following-www.SecondSpace.co.za. website, www.facebook.com/SecondSpace and the SecondSpace Service (App based) or the USSD based service *120*8821# or other strings as published or advertised from time to time.
- ‘Personal information’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- ‘You’ or the ‘User’ means any person who accesses and browses this website for any purpose and/or makes use of the SecondSpace Service from time to time.
- Status and Amendments:
- Processing of Personal Information:
- By providing your Personal Information to SecondSpace, you acknowledge that it has been received directly from you and consent to its processing by SecondSpace and/or SecondSpace Service Providers.
- Where you submit Personal Information such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address via the website [e.g. through completing any online entry form] the following principles are observed in the processing of that information:
- SecondSpace will receive Personal Information only for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required and only to the minimum extent required. The specific purpose for which information is received will be apparent from the context in which it is requested and in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed or required.
- Personal Information will be processed only for a purpose compatible with that for which it was received, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing or SecondSpace permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of personal information.
- SecondSpace will destroy or delete any Personal Information that is no longer needed by us for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
- As permitted by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, SecondSpace may use Personal Information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
- Collection of Anonymous Data:
- SecondSpace may use standard technology to collect information about the use of the website. This technology is not able to identify individual Users but simply allows SecondSpace to collect statistics.
- SecondSpace shall take all reasonable measures necessary to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by this website, but cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to, or dissemination of any Personal Information by a third party. As a precautionary measure, SecondSpace encourages you to download any information stored on your behalf and to save such information to a secure environment. SecondSpace also recommends that you carry out regular back ups.
- Links to Other Websites:
- SecondSpace has no control over, and accepts no responsibility for, the privacy practices of any third party websites to which hyperlinks may have been provided and we strongly recommend that you review the privacy statement of any website you visit before you use it any further.
Last updated: 02 March, 2023